Vincent de Boer

Kunstenaar, Kalligraaf, Lettermaker

Discipline: Beeldende kunst

vincentdeboer.nl/

Bio

Vincent de Boer is a typographic artist and a teacher of letter making. Early affirmation provided a solid confidence and a hunger for recognition. Without any doubt in his pieces, there is a legion of borders to cross. Any fresh visual that intrigues the eye, Vincent is interested to acquire. With many layers to a work, there is no such thing as one creative route: the starting point is simply never fixed. Vincent will happily collaborate and start new projects, as long as he is challenged and present throughout his brush strokes.

Going from drawing cartoons, to practicing on painting, illustrating and drawing three-dimensional spaces, to mixing the worlds of calligraphy, graphic design and typography all together: what you see is a cooperation of image and letter. The viewer zooms in on a gigantic universe of movement and dives all the way in. As long as it crackles, as long as it’s real: Vincent’s work embodies his craftsmanship. He’s fascinated by what’s been done in ancient artistries, but never afraid to break the ‘rules’. A precise years and years of mastering his skill, shaken about with an expressionistic use of pencil and a strong will to challenge himself. His autonomous pieces always evocative, but aesthetically so.

With numerous exhibitions and a bunch of awards under his belt, exploring new techniques and discovering unfamiliar terrains are deemed highly significant. Keep learning, keep digging. Vincent doesn’t do dishonesty. What he craves is a fine balance between provoking and pleasing the viewer. What is aesthetically attractive but not too easily satisfying? Vincent creates a different world, right in that moment, taking you in. Competitive, defiant, calm, bold, open, expressive, initiating, forward, playful. Meet his perspective.

(text by Imme Visser)

Shelters Soesterberg

Meer locaties

Deelnemers locatie

Van dezelfde locatie

Social

Instagram feed

Here's an update on the animation video project for ILL CONSIDERED. Almost 3000 drawings are done, still 1000 to go. As some of you might know, I'm working on a hand drawn music video for ⁣@illconsideredmusic. The musicians will react to the finished version of the animation video, while recording an improv-session in the music studio. Until then, the musicians won't see any visuals of what I am making, so that they're able to make their most honest expression. That's why I can't share any images yet, for the sake of the project. The video will be completely drawn by hand on A3 format, about six minutes long, with 12 frames per second. It means that the animation will contain a total of about 4000 drawings. The Stroke LP From the 4000 drawings, 300 will be selected to be unique LP covers of the 'The Stroke' LP, released as collector's item. The remaining drawings will be divided over the LP's, so that all LP boxes contain a total of 12 drawings: a complete second of the animation video. ⁣After a process of about 1,5 year, I am finally able to say that it's slowly getting there. I share the workload together with Hans Schuttenbeld and sometimes Nick van Steen. Also animator Jasper Hesseling is involved for some of the scenes. The project is supported by the Dutch Creative Industries Fund NL (Het Stimuleringsfonds⁣⁣⁣⁣). ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣#vincentdeboer @hans.schuttenbeld @mastajappa @radical_only #animation #4000drawings #calligraphy #illconsidered #contemporaryart @stimuleringsfonds

3 weken geleden

I am part of a special group show at @logman_gallery. The gallery created the context of a living room, playing with the clique of how artworks end up above the couch of the art buyers. That’s why the gallery selected works from 50 different artist, all artworks with sizes that go well in the living room. The participating artists are Anne Forest, Annemarie Slobbe, Art van Triest, Bastiaan van Weelden, Carel Blotkamp, Carien Vugts, Cecilia Rebergen, Chantal Rens, Choi Wong, Dick van Berkum, Erik Pape, Florens Kool, Gert Derks, Guy Vording, Ineke Damen, Jan Lim, Jans Muskee, Jasper Hagenaar, Jhonie van Boeijen, Jochem van den Wijngaard, Jop Vissers Vorstenbosch, Jorn van Leeuwen, Julius Stibbe, Karel Leusink, Koen Schriever, Krijn Kroes, Lars van Wieren, Maaike Kramer, Maarten van Aken, Marena Seeling, Margo van Berkum, Marjolein Witte, Marthe Zink, Nathalie Duivenvoorden, Niek Hendrix, Olphaert den Otter, Reinout Velleman, René Eicke, René Korten, Robin Meyer, Roger Walschots, Roland Sohier, Sabine Liedtke, Sam Hersbach, Sander van Noort, Shirley Welten, Timothy Voges, Tom van Veen, Vincent Bijleveld and me. At the moment the gallery is open only on reservation, visitors can select their 30 minute visit on www.logman.gallery On this picture, my work is accompanied by befriended artists like: @noort.van.sander @bastiaan.van.weelden @jopvissersvorstenbosch @robinreinhartgunter @jasperhagenaar #vincentdeboer #calligraphy #highontype #contemporaryart #quarantine #groupshow

1 maand geleden